Sunday, April 12, 2009

Tomato and Pesto Frittata



Made this for my buddy's lunch the other day. I don't know exactly where the idea came from but it looked pretty. I didn't eat it because I added way too much onion in it. He liked it and ate all of it so it must have been edible ;-) lol! I'm just not a fan of onion but I thought I'd post it anyway in case I have to make it again.

2 eggs
2 ripe tomatoes, chopped
1 tbsp ready-made pesto
1 tbsp olive oil
1 clove of garlic
handful of chopped onions
shaved Parmesan cheese
pinch of red pepper flakes
salt and pepper to taste

Heat the broiler to high. Crack the eggs in a bowl and beat with a fork, add salt and pepper. In a non-stick skillet, heat the oil until hot, add garlic and onion then the pepper flakes and the tomatoes, saute for 5 minutes until cooked. Add the egg and scatter the shaved Parmesan cheese and dot with pesto, season with salt and pepper, cook till lightly set then transfer to the broiler until fluffy and cooked. If you don't want a frittata and want an omelette instead, flip the egg and cook.

2 comments:

  1. Oi, sou o Clausewitz. Caso queira conhecer alguma coisa sobre o Brasil passe lá no meu blog. Abração

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Clausewitz, thank you for the kind invitation. I visited your blog and seems very interesting, unfortunately I cannot understand Portuguese. I kind of understand a little bit of it because of the Latin origins of the words and their similarities to some Spanish words.

    Regards,

    Chowhound

    ReplyDelete